Friday, November 8, 2013

FEATURE FRIDAY- MOUNTAIN TOP COOKIES



Happy Friday!

Feature Friday
Mountain Top Cookies
Owner: Julie Feltman


I am very excited to feature a good friend's business, Mountain Top Cookies!  If you have not tried her scrumptious cookies (and more,) you are missing out on a little bite of heaven!

Don't worry if you do not live in the Manassas area, she can ship her wonderful treats to you!

Please take a minute to read her interview! Also, please "like" her Facebook page at : Mountain Top Cookies Facebook Page

Also check out her website at: Mountain Top Cookies Website


Interview Questions with the owner of Mountaintop Cookies, Julie Feltman

     1)    What is the name of business and what do you offer customers?
     Mountain Top Cookies™ offers a variety of cookies, fudge, and brownies that are homemade from the freshest ingredients.  We offer shipment across the country, home delivery, as well as participating in local Farmer’s Markets.

      2)    When was your company established?
We were established in 2010 and debuted our business at a local Farmer’s Market in Manassas,                   Virginia.

3     3)    Why did you start your company?
For many years, the gifts I gave family and friends were always baked goods, all recipes handed down to me from my grandmother.  These recipes were family favorites, that my great-grandmother, grandmother, and mother, all made and I inherited their knack for baking.  After deciding to give our children a Catholic Education, we needed a supplement for our income, to afford the expense.  During the Christmas season of 2009, my husband suggested that I start my own cookie company.  I thought he was joking, but one week in early January of 2010 when there were multiple snow days, I started investigating how to start a small home based baking business.  I knew I wanted to use only the recipes that my family had used for generations, so I started baking and baking and applied to work at a local Farmer’s Market and was approved.  My passion for cookie making and desire to give my children a Catholic Education ended up being a perfect blend and my little company became a very quick success.

      4)  Who are your best referrals?
      Without question, my best referrals are my friends.  They helped spread the word when I first started   my business and showed me tremendous support.  To this day, they are still the first orders I get during holidays.

       5)    How can we contact you?

  The best way to reach me is via email at julie@mountaintopcookies.com.  I also have a Facebook     Page “Mountain Top Cookies” that is a great place to follow us and get the latest cookie news! 


No comments:

Post a Comment