Thursday, October 17, 2013

Margaritas, Please! Party Planning Thursday


Mexican Margarita Close Up
Cheers!
I believe my love for entertaining stems from my Nana and mother.  I remember growing up hearing the roaring stories of all the entertaining my grandparents did for their friends.  My grandfather owned the local liquor store and my grandmother was very involved in local politics.  So, they had everyone from the Arizona Governor to their best friends over for some good food, cold drinks, and loud music.
They never let a glass get empty and they never sent someone home hungry.

Entertaining is what brings family and friends together.  It is a way to tell your loved ones that you care about them.  You do not need fancy food or expensive champagne.  Choose a simple theme and go from there to create a vivid atmosphere for your guests.

My "go-to" drink for entertaining my friends is a margarita.  Margaritas are considered water where I come from.  I especially love serving margaritas during the holidays.  It is unexpected and always enjoyed by our guests.  Of course a "Mexican themed" menu is typical, but not necessary!! Your holiday ham to the roast turkey will not be ruined if you start off with a cold margarita.

Here is my recipe for a delicious Margarita:

1.5 parts Silver Tequila
2 Parts Margarita mix, I prefer Jose Cuevo
.5 part Grand Mariner
splash of orange juice
squeeze of lime
kosher salt

Mix all ingredients, up to kosher salt,  with ice in a shaker.  Take your lime and rim your glass.  Dip glass on a plate of kosher salt.  Pour mixture in glass with ice, and don't forget to cheers!


Don't forget, you do not have to offer other wine and spirits when you are serving margaritas.  One sip from your green drink, and you will make your guests smile the whole evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment