Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tip Tuesday! The Power of a "thank you" note



How many of us remember to send a "thank you" card to our friends or family that give us a present or invited us over for dinner?  Is just an e-mail or text an appropriate way to show someone how much you appreciated their hospitality?

Just a note of thanks
Since I was very young, my mother, instilled in my brother and I, the importance of "thank you" cards.  Every year, on December 26th, we were at the kitchen bar making our homemade Christmas "thank you" cards!  We could not play until those cards were finished.  It took me many years to understand the statement I was making by sending a "thank you" card! E-mails and texts are nice but that extra effort you do to take out that card and write a couple sentences of thanks, makes all the difference in the world!  As an adult, I am always happy to receive a "thank you" card!  I try my best to send out my "thank you" cards,  I fail at times, but I do my best to make sure I acknowledge the fact someone gave me a gift or invited me to their home for a meal.

Life is busy and the stresses we encounter everyday are enormous, but take the time to send that "thank you." You never know how happy you will make someone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment